The HC Berry house Circa 1890 is a Glorious Historic Large Brick Victorian Painted Lady on a street with many other fine homes. It is colorfully repainted to embellish and enhance the architectural details. Beautiful and beautifully maintained. The exterior is, we think, the prettiest in the whole County. Inside, complex, multi-colored large rooms are a feast for the eyes. Great back and side yards, two balconies above. The very accomplished owner claims this as her greatest accomplishment. It is a great location for a family, just a couple of blocks from four schools; all three public levels and one all-level Parochial. It is directly across the street from the large Boydville Estate (of which it once was a part) and offers easy access to major roads, Route 9, I-81, and the MARC commuter trains to DC. Walking distance, just blocks to downtown Martinsburg; the library, restaurants, drug store, banks and train station. Medical care is nearby at the Martinsburg WVU University Hospital. The property has a 2 car detached garage in the back, as well as some lovely gardens and plantings; lots of spring tulips and flowering bulbs. There is a separately deeded wooded buildable lot adjacent to the back yard that conveys. It is 1/4 acre. Main lot is a little less than 1/2 acre. The interior of the home is spacious and gorgeous, with high ceilings, hardwood floors, ceramic tile baths (3 full) fancy doors ( pocket doors, transons), and a grand staircase. There is a 15' spacious dining room and parlor/ living room with fireplaces (2 of 5), a large sitting room or office and a well equipped kitchen with granite counters. Many of the furnishings are negotiable. Upstairs are four bedrooms. There is a combination covered porch and deck on the lower floor with a large double porch off the primary bedroom above; great for morning coffee or watching the birds. The primary bedroom has a luxurious bath with high end built ins and a jetted tub. There is a full floored attic for storage and the basement has lots of storage room as well. We can't say enough about how meticulously the owner has improved + maintained this property over 24 years. This painted lady is a work of art; a once in a life time property. It is a treasure!
Single Family, Single Family-Detached, Craftsman, Victorian
City Of Martinsburg
Softener Own, Hot Water Heater, Sump Pump, Gas Wat
3,366 sq. ft
Yes - 2 spaces
Other, Cable TV, Natural Gas, Onsite Telephone
Berkeley County Schools
Detailed Room Information
- Den/Study, Family Room, Kitchen, Laundry Room, Living Room, Sitting Room, Foyer, Attic
- Formal, Dining Area
- Gourmet Kitchen
- Bath Description
- Whirlpool Bath
- Dishwasher, Disposal, Dryer, Electric Dryer, Energy Star Appliance(S), Exhaust Fan/Hood, Freezer, Self-Cleaning Oven, Gas Range/Cooktop, Range Hood, Refrigerator, Appliance Center, Stove, Washer, Stacked Washer/Dryer, De-Humidifier, Water Treatment System, Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Hardwood, Tile, Concrete, Other, Wood
- Window Air Conditioning, Electric, A/C - Other, Ceiling Fan(s)
- Gas Heat, Hot Water. Radiant, Radiators, Central.
- Poured, Space For Rooms, Dirt, Entrance Outside, Partial, Unfinished Basement
- Stained Glass, Casement, Screened
- 5. Insert, Wood-burning, Mantle.
- Main Entrance Locked, Alarm -Smoke/Fire
- Additional Interior Features
- Crown Molding, Chair Rail, Curved Stair, Walk-in Closets, Window Treatment, Wood Floors, Recessed Lights, Built-Ins, Cedar Closet, 9Ft+ Ceilings
Exterior / Lot Features
- 2 Garage Spaces. Stone Driveway.
- Patio, Porch, Balcony, Deck
- Lot View
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Street Lights, Exterior Lighting, Flood Lights, Sidewalks, Front Yard, Landscaped, Back Yard. Backs To Trees, Corner, Front Yard, Landscaping, Rear Yard.
Active Market Trends
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price